Dr. Irfan (Ivan) Atcha D.D.S., D.I.C.O.I, D.A.D.I.A
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry (Honors) University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 1991
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of Illinois College of Dentistry, Chicago, IL 1996
- Fellowship awarded in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists Nov 2007.
- Diplomat awarded in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists May 2009
- Diplomat awarded in the American Dental Implant Association April 2009
- Board of Director Member of the American Dental Implant Association
- Table Clinic presented at the ICOI World Congress in Vancouver, British Columbia Aug 2009
- Publication: TGF (growth factor) role in HPV oconoprotein synthesis. Journal of Biochemistry.
- Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Dental Studies on Anterior and posterior aesthetic continuum. 1999, 2000. Focusing on Neuromuscular Dentistry.
- Peter Dawson Occlusion series 1 and II. Petersburg, FL 2000
- CEREC training at GLEC institute (Dr. Mark Morin)
- Invisialign certification.
- Lumineers by Cerinate (no prep smile makeover with lumineers)
- Advanced Endodontic techniques to perform one visit root canals
- DOCS training. Oral Sedation for patient comfort
- Implant dentistry continuum. Dr. Arun Garg 9 month training
- Advanced bone grafting and harvesting. Dr. Arun Garg.
- Zimmer Institute implant training.
- Waterlase (laser) dentistry training form the world laser institute
- All-on-4 clinical residency at Malo Clinic Lisbon, Portugal Dr. Palo Malo
- Advanced sinus augmentation and immediate implant placement Dr. Ziv Mazur Bucharest
- Aesthetic Regeneration workshop - Dr. Paul Petrangaro
- Nobel Biocare Nobel Active Implant training
- Nobel Guide and Teeth-In-an-hour training .Dr. Tom Belshi
- Bone Marrow Aspirate technique by harvesting Stem cells (Platinum Standard for bone grafting success) and hands on workshop with Dr. Dennis Smiler and Dr. Muna Soltan.
- Immediate Loading: Physiological Treatment Planning with the Zygomatic Implants. Dr. Ed Bedrossian. San Francisco, CA
- Advanced Surgical and Prosthetic Management of the resorbed maxilla . Dr. Yvan Fortin. Montreal Canada
- USC IV sedation training. Dr. Stanley Malamed
- USC Anesthesia and Emergency medicine training. Dr. Stanley Malamed
- Advanced IV Sedation and Airway management with General Anesthesia training. Dr. Bill Gottchalk and Dr. Ken Lee. Los Angeles CA.
- BLS and ACLS certified
American Dental Association, Chicago Dental Society, Indiana Dental Association, Northwest Indiana Dental Society, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Crown Council, Dental Organization of Conscious Sedation (DOCS), American Society of Dental Anesthesiologist (ASDA), Fellow of International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), Diplomat of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Diplomat of the American Dental Implant Association, Board of Director for the American Dental Implant Association.
Technology and technology partners:
- Digital x-ray Dexis.
- Dexis and Gendex intra-oral camera
- i-CAT cone beam computed tomography - 3D x-rays of head, neck and the oral cavity.
- Nobel Guide Procera software for guided (minimally invasive) implant surgeries
- Simplant software for guided (minimally invasive) implant surgeries.
- Waterlase MD laser for minimal invasive dentistry
- FDA approved laser cavity detection (diagnodent)
- Brassler Rotary Endodontic (Root canal cleaning system for one appointment root canals)
- VELscope oral cancer detection technology.
- CEREC - CAD/CAM technology (one appointment crowns)
- Align Technology (Invisialign)
- ZOOM - One hour in-office professional whitening as seen on Extreme makeovers.
- Lumineers by Cerinate (no prep smile make-over with veneers)
- Nobel Biocare
- Zimmer Dental
- Northwest Indiana 3-D Imaging
- Tutogen Medical
- 360 Imaging
- Imaging Sciences International
- Harvest Technology
- Smile vision
- Oral DNA labs
Dr. Atcha has been in private practice since 1996. Dr. Atcha was born and raised in the Western suburb of Chicago, Lombard, IL and now he is a Northwest Indiana native by residing in Schererville, IN. Dr. Atcha's practice focus on General, Cosmetic, Sedation and Implant dentistry. He is a life time learner. He is a leader in pursing advanced post-doctoral education in his field from the best by traveling all over the world and training with the best clinicians. This allows him to perform the latest and not cutting edge but the BLEEDING EDGE services and treatments by delivering the finest care to his patients in the most comfortable, personalized and in a caring manner. He pursues over 500 hours of post-doctoral CE in one year where as only 32 hours are needed every two years per State dental laws. Dr. Atcha is the Sole owner of a large group dental practice managing a team of 18 team members including associate doctors. He is also the owner of the Center of Implants, Sedation and Cosmetic Dentistry as well a Northwest Indiana 3-D Imaging.
Dr. Atcha is an expert in treating the dentally disastrous and the fearful patients with his charisma and with the latest and the greatest techniques involving advanced Intravenous (IV) sedation. His advanced training in the field of Dental Implantology, Occlusion, and TMJ disorder allows this him to provide the top notch care for the dentally disastrous patients. Most recently, Dr. Atcha has been the FIRST certified Implant dentist in Northwest Indiana Dentist to be certified in the Nobel Biocare new "Teeth-in-an-hour" guided implant dentistry technology and All-on-4 concept and the Zygomatic implants for No Bone Solution .Weather you need one tooth replacement with a single dental implant or need a full mouth reconstruction and rehabilitation rest assured that Dr. Atcha with his advanced training will be able to provide you with the best possible care to get restore your chewing function.
Dr. Atcha area of focus and training has been on performing one visit root canals, performing simple and complex smile makeovers, providing one visit CEREC crowns, Invisalign treatment (alternative to braces) performing complex implant and reconstructive care, and treating the fearful and dentally disastrous patient. His main focus has been on dental implants, rehabilitation and cosmetic dentistry. Advanced training in surgical and restorative implant dentistry. Computer guided implant placement allows for (Teeth in an hour and All-on-four procedures). He also provides immediate placement and immediate implant loading and same day teeth services.
Dr. Atcha loves to spend his time with his family when away from the office. Him and his wife love to exercise, bike, travel, and entertain family and friends. They are proud parent of their beautiful daughter Leyla. Dr. Atcha volunteers in many charitable organizations in his time off to give back to the community. Dr. Atcha participated in Cash for Candy during the Halloween time to support the troops over seas. Also, He is involved with organizations like Room to Read that help promotes literacy rates to underprivileged children in Cambodia, Indian, Nepal, and Vietnam.
ICOI Fellowship award
With leading clinician from Teeth-In-an-Hour training
With Dr. Palo Malo the inventor of the all-on-4 and other leading clinicians from all over the world
With Dr. Carl Misch (father of Implant dentistry)
With Dr. James McAnally (Leading clinician in Seattle and my mentor)